ABC Weekend tour + local floating market
Price: 2,400 Baht per person
When: Every Saturday & Sunday
Distance: Approximately 18-24 km
Start/finish: ABC Office
On our highest rested tour, the ABC Amazing Bangkok Cyclist weekend / floating market tour we will give you the fullest experience Bangkok has to offer and a unique insight into the lifestyles of the local people living in Bangkok.
We will guide you through all layers of society, from sky scrapers through a huge jaw dropping fresh market. We cycle under the highway where a small community has risen up, to arrive at the pier where we cross the Chao Praya river with our long tail boat.
Here we will arrive in the green heart of Bangkok. A green, lush area with many old plantations. The city of Bangkok feels so far away while we cycle over elevated pathways where we occasionally spot a monitor lizard or turtle bathing in the sun.
In the middle of these old plantations we will arrive at a hidden local floating market. This old floating market is only open on weekends famous with the locals for all the freshly prepared snacks or “Thai Tapas”.
Here, you will find almost no other tourists. We will take a nice stroll over this market while your guide gives you a variety of these delicious snacks to try.
After this nostalgic market walk, we will get on the saddles again to cycle a bit more through this beautiful area.
Later on we will stop again to sit down and enjoy a delicious home-made lunch which is freshly prepared by the locals living here. After this delicious lunch we will take our long tail boat, cross the river where you can experience a stunning and complete different view of Bangkok’s high-rise buildings and cycle back to our ABC office.
- coffee or tea upon arrival,
- free use of the internet,
- free photo’s of the day,
- comfortable and well maintained mountain or city bikes,
- bike rental,
- a visit to a local floating market with all kind of tastings of locally home-made products,
- a delicious lunch of the way,
- guide fee,
- 2 x longtail boat trips,
- boat transfers,
- a refreshing towel upon return,
- and most of all an Amazing Bangkok Cyclist experience,
- pick up and drop off from your hotel,
- any extra drinks/food not provided by your guide,
- any alcoholic drinks are prohibited during the tours,
- transportation costs if the customer wish to return to our office before the end of the tour,